As the third installment of my “Blog Traffic Series” articles, I want to really touch upon how important it is to integrate social media marketing into your website or blog. If you missed the first two “Blog Traffic Series” tips, you can find them HERE.
As a social media marketing professional, I know what social media marketing can do for small businesses. Simply put, it’s a very easy way to market your blog beyond just your website presence. It’s what every small business and large corporations are using to market their products and services. And if you are not implementing some type of social media marketing into your marketing plan right now, then you are missing many opportunities to increase your blog or website traffic, ultimately leaving money on the table.If you are not implementing social media marketing in your business, you are leaving money on the table.… Click To Tweet
If you are not sure what social media platforms to implement into your business, then I would suggest you start with looking at what the trends are for social media marketing for this year and go from there. You can read what the latest trends are by checking out a recent article from Forbes called the “The Top 7 Social Media Marketing Trends That Will Dominate 2015”.
Once you choose and create your business profiles on the social media platforms that you feel comfortable with, then your next step is to connect these platforms to your blog. One of the easiest ways to promote yourself on your blog is to strategically add a Facebook and Twitter icon on your site somewhere. Most people add social media icons to their website sidebar. The best placement would be to make sure they’re above the fold when someone is visiting your website (i.e., what’s immediately visible to the end user). I’ve got a great resource of where you can grab some really nice icon images on this site, Icons, etc.
And if you are comfortable adding plugins to your site, and if you use WordPress.org, here is a list of plugins that I use to connect social media to my website and my client websites:
- Facebook for WordPress – allows you to have a Facebook comments box, a recommendations box, a “Like” button and a share button
- DiggDigg – provides you with a floating and/or anchored share box that you can add to your blog posts or pages (it’s what I have positioned on ALL my blog posts)
- Twitter Widget – allows you to list your tweets on your site sidebar
- Better Click to Tweet – allows you to add a 140-character tweet within your blog posts or pages, making it easy for a visitor to tweet your statement or quote, leading back to your post or page
- Revive Old Post (formerly known as ‘Tweet Old Post’ plugin) – allows you to tweet and re-tweet old posts in an automated cycle (great way to promote your old posts over and over again!)
- Buffer App – Buffer allows you to strategically schedule your posts and tweets so they are posted whenever you want them to be released
And if you want to add a LinkedIn, Google+ or Pinterest pin button to your site, you can find those resources here:
Lastly, I want to share my favorite social media resource sites that provide great information on the latest trends and tools that you always want to be on top of. Here they are:
- SocialMedia Examiner – my top pick for all things social media!
- The HubSpot blog – they have three social media guides to help you get a jump-start on social media marketing
- Mari Smith – she knows everything you need to know about Relationship Marketing
After reading this article, and you still have no clue how you want to integrate social media marketing into your website or blog, please feel free to contact me for a no obligation consultation to discuss how I can help you kick-start your social media marketing plan for 2015.
Until tomorrow…(Day 16 of The Ultimate Blog Challenge)
Like what you’ve read? Sign up below to receive regular updates.